Postgraduate Study at Coventry University
Coventry University is going places. We are an ambitious, innovative, progressive and modern university grounded in the real world. We are focused on providing our students with a top class experience during their time with us and helping them to develop the skills that they need to develop great careers and be successful in their chosen field.
We are shooting our way up the league tables, we’re ranked 15th in The Guardian University Guide 2016, and the number one modern university in the UK. We’re ranked number one in the UK for student experience according to The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide. We were also recently selected to receive a Queen’s Award for Enterprise, in recognition of our international growth and success over the past six years. The Queen’s Award is one of the most coveted accolades in UK business and we are one of only a select few higher education institutions in the history of the awards to be honoured.
We have an established academic presence regionally, nationally and internationally. We provide the very best in postgraduate opportunities particularly tailored to modern industrial and commercial requirements. We want to exceed the expectations of your existing and future employers; our Faculties and Schools therefore ensure effective collaborative partnerships, across a range of industry sectors, to incorporate visiting professors and industry experts into your postgraduate study programme.
Major Investment Programme
We’ve embarked on a major investment plan and are continually looking at ways to improve our campus to meet the needs of our growing student population. We’ve recently added a high-tech home for our Faculty of Engineering and Computing and The Hub - a thriving and vibrant home for the Students’ Union and a whole host of services for students.
The next landmark building will be a £60m new home for our Science and Health offering. It will provide state of the art facilities for simulation of hospital, home, rehabilitation, clinical skills training, sport and exercise environments. The building will also include a biosciences superlab and a range of life sciences research facilities. The building is scheduled for completion in 2016/17.
Global Leaders Programme – Giving you the edge
All postgraduate students at Coventry University are invited to become a member of the exclusive Global Leaders club, a prestigious and celebrated lifetime membership designed to develop you into the leaders of tomorrow. Expand your skills set and ensure you stand out from the crowd by taking part in stimulating activities to bring out the leader within you.
As a member of this elite club you will benefit from the following:
• Exposure to global cultures through International experiences
• Gain exclusive access to Internationally renowned inspirational leaders
• Become multi-lingual by learning an International language
• Build your confidence ready progress in the working world
• An understanding of how to utilise effective communication techniques in a multi-cultural environment
• An opportunity to develop effective leadership skills
• Gain an opportunity to secure an International internship
• Gain an official certificate as recognition of your participation
These activities are designed to fit around your course and there is no homework or coursework.
Website – www.coventry.ac.uk/glp
Postgraduate open days and events
We regularly hold open days, information sessions and attend events across the country, keep an eye on our website for dates.
Our open days are informal and friendly. They are designed to show you the opportunities available and answer all your questions about postgraduate or part-time study at Coventry University.
View our website to find out our events in 2015-16 - Coventry University Postgraduate Study
Postgraduate courses are also available at our Coventry University London Campus - visit www.coventry.ac.uk/culc
- Masters Study at the UK’s Number One Modern University – 150 Scholarships Available
- PhD Studentship in Control Engineering: Adaptive Control of Nonlinear Dynamic Systems
- PhD Studentship in Control Engineering: Bilinear Model Based Control with Application to Nonlinear Systems
- PhD Studentship in Control Engineering: Fault detection and diagnosis of networked control systems
- PhD Studentship in Statistical Physics - Statistical Physics of Complex Systems
- PhD Studentship in Supply Chain Scheduling
- PhD Studentship in Systems Modelling - Efficient, cost effective & on-demand Quality Control for NHS radiotherapy equipment
- PhD Studentship in Systems Modelling and Control - Systems modelling and control applied to Intelligent Transportation Systems
- PhD Studentships in Statistical Physics
General funding sources
For general sources of funding that may apply for study in this department, visit the page(s) below.