Postgraduate Study at the 2015 University of the Year – Apply with confidence
Since winning the Times Higher Entrepreneurial University of the Year award in 2011, we have continued to innovate. We now offer a range of postgraduate programmes with multiple intakes throughout the year at both our satellite Coventry University London Campus (CULC) and main Coventry campus.
A global university, we welcome more than 12,000 international students from 150 countries, over 1,000 are studying postgraduate courses. As well as offices in China, Kenya, Nigeria, Indonesia and Pakistan, we have an exclusive relationship offering study at Kadir Has University in Istanbul, Turkey. We conduct world-leading research with academic and commercial partners on every continent, while our students undertake professional and personal projects all over the world.
We are committed to developing our students as global citizens; our approach to learning is guided by an internationally orientated perspective, since few organisations operate solely in a single geographic area or culture.
We are the University of the Year for those with global ambition
• University of the Year 2015 (Times Higher Education Awards)
• Ranked number 15 UK University (Guardian University Guide 2016)
• In the world top 4% of higher education institutions (QS World Rankings 2016)
• Modern University of the Year three times in a row 2014, 2015 and 2016 by the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide.
• Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2015 in recognition of our support to and growth in international students
• Number one university for student experience (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide)
• Entrepreneurial University of the Year 2011 (Times Higher)
We provide high quality teaching
• Officially recognised as one of the UK’s leading universities, ranked 15th UK University in the Guardian University Guide 2016
We conduct world class research
• The UK’s benchmark for research, the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014, awarded 61% of our research the highest classifications possible – 4* and 3* – deeming our research to be ‘world leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’.
We have outstanding student facilities
• Invested £150 million in our city centre campus and facilities.
• Completed projects include a new ￡55 million home for the Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing
• Award-winning £19 million student building TheHub.
• New £37 million state-of-the-art Science and Health Super Lab is scheduled to open in 2017.
- Engineering, Environment & Computing - fully and self-funded PhD opportunities available
- PhD Studentship - Applied sleep interventions for elderly residents in a care home setting
- PhD Studentship - Communities within communities - an eco-system to support ageing in place
- PhD Studentship - Developing a holistic methodology to determine the applications for robotics usage in specialist elderly...
- PhD Studentship - Development of wearable technology to detect dehydration in older adults
- PhD Studentship - Empathic approaches to the design of new service models for elders’ access to health care provision
- PhD Studentship - Getting Up and Out: Exploring the impact of gardening and outdoor activity on physical and mental health
- PhD Studentship - Psychobiology of Religion and the Social Brain
- PhD Studentship - Innovation for Dementia Care: Evaluation of Digital Health and Wellbeing Apps in ‘Real-Life’ Living Labs
- PhD Studentship - The effects of an acoustic monitoring system on night time falls by care home residents with dementia and care
- PhD Studentship - The use of Ambient Intelligence (AmI) to improve safety in kitchens in assisted living homes
- Postgraduate Study at a Leading University - Apply Today!
- The Data Driven Research and Innovation (DDRI) Programme - 9 fully funded PhD’s across a range of disciplines
General funding sources
For general sources of funding that may apply for study in this department, visit the page(s) below.