Why Study at NTU?
Nottingham Trent University is one of the biggest and most popular universities in the UK offering a number of benefits for our postgraduate students.
• We are flexible – As well as full time courses, we have distance learning, block-release and part-time study options to enable you to combine further study with work or family commitments.
• Strong links with companies worldwide –This keeps our courses cutting edge in a rapidly changing world.
• Expert teaching – Academic supervisors, tutors and lecturers are leading practitioners in their fields and engaged in consultancy and global research.
• Plenty to get involved with – We have around 70 societies for you to get involved in - including volunteering, music and sports, which are a great way to enhance your student experience.
• Guaranteed accommodation – We offer a fantastic range of accommodation on all three of our campuses.
• Personalised and specialist careers advice – With a dedicated careers consultant for each school and a specialist consultant for postgraduate research students, there is great support for you throughout your time at NTU.
What Can I Study?
We offer nearly 200 taught courses and have a variety of research degree options across our nine academic schools.
NTU Doctoral School (research degrees)
Nottingham Business School
Nottingham Law School
School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences
School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment
School of Art and Design
School of Arts and Humanities
Nottingham Institute of Education
School of Science and Technology
School of Social Sciences
Award-winning research activity – 90% of our research activity achieved world-leading, internationally excellent or internationally recognised status in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014.
Create innovative solutions – For challenges ranging from cancer to climate change.
Up to half fee scholarships – These have helped hundreds of students to study at NTU and achieve their ambitions. Scholarships are awarded to those students who can demonstrate excellent achievement, passion and dedication to their studies.
Already studied at NTU? – We offer a 25% postgraduate discount to current NTU students and NTU alumni who have graduated in the last five years.
Musical or Athletic? – We have a number of music and sports scholarships for talented students.
A student city – with a student population of around 60,000, a rich history, plenty of green spaces and award-winning nightlife, Nottingham has everything you could ever need.
A cost-effective city – Nottingham is ranked as the third most cost effective city in which to study in the UK according to the NatWest Student Living Index 2015
Plenty to do –Nottingham has consistently ranked as one of the UK’s top shopping destinations, with major high street names sitting alongside designer boutiques. It also has a thriving art scene with excellent independent cinemas and galleries – including Nottingham Contemporary, one of the largest art centres in the UK.
Discover life at NTU for yourself
Check our website for dates and more details.
NTU the one for you?
To apply go to: www.ntu.ac.uk/apply
General funding sources
For general sources of funding that may apply for study in this department, visit the page(s) below.