Postgraduate Study at Coventry University
Coventry University is a major UK Higher Education institution of 15,000 students with more than 150 years of history behind its name. The University has an established academic presence regionally, nationally and internationally. We provide the very best in postgraduate opportunities particularly tailored to modern industrial and commercial requirements. We understand the need to meet, and exceed, the expectations of your existing and future employers; our Faculties and Schools therefore ensure effective collaborative partnerships, across a range of industry sectors, to incorporate visiting professors and industry experts into your postgraduate study programme.
Coventry University is one of a select few in the UK to provide a dedicated facility for its postgraduate students. The services and facilities on offer to you as a Graduate Centre member are:
• A dedicated reception area and an experienced Student Support Team on hand to assist you with specific needs
• A cafe serving a wide range of hot and cold drinks and snacks
• A dedicated Student Lounge with plenty of comfy seating, giant plasma TV screens, selection of current magazines and computers for working or browsing the internet, and WIFI throughout
• A games area offering a pool table and X Box
• Regular social trips and social events
• A full programme of Skills Workshops
• The Global Leaders Programme exclusively for postgraduate students
The Global Leaders Programme (GLP) gives students exciting opportunities to experience the sights and sounds of the real world. It helps to create a global understanding, preparing students for a variety of careers. On successful completion students will be awarded a certificate that formally recognises that they have invested the necessary time and effort to develop their global capabilities and competencies in the following key areas: Global Awareness; Global Perspectives; Global Enterprise; Global Experience. For more information visit www.coventry.ac.uk/glp or email GLP.firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a long tradition of providing postgraduate study. Whether you are looking for a career change or interested in expanding your knowledge in a particular field our range of postgraduate courses can offer you a solution. Our postgraduate courses are designed to develop knowledge and skills that place you at the leading edge of professional practice, or address relevant commercial issues. This experience prepares students for senior positions in organisations all over the world. We have over 100 postgraduate courses in a wide variety of areas covering everything from automotive design to nursing, law to disaster management and physiotherapy to accounting.
Postgraduate courses are also available at our Coventry University London Campus (http://www.coventry.ac.uk/culc).
Funding sources for postgraduate students
Merit Scholarship (For full-time UK Postgraduate students who are able to achieve a First Class Honours degree classification in their Undergraduate degree.) Award: £1000 (towards tuition fees)
For any Coventry University graduate who chooses to undertake full-time Postgraduate study
Important Note: The maximum discounts/scholarship you can receive is £1000 (including the Alumni discount). i.e. no student will be in receipt of more than £1000 scholarship or discount in total.
Professional and Career Loans
Students may be able to apply for a Professional and Career Development loan to help towards costs.
How to apply
UK Full-time Postgraduate application process
To study a course full-time you can complete an online application form or an editable PDF. Forms can be downloaded here:
Part-time Postgraduate and Undergraduate application process
To study a course part-time or online/blended learning you can complete an online application form or an editable PDF.
Forms can be downloaded here:
Research students can find a research application and further details on the researchnet website at
- Centres for Trust and Ethical Behaviour
- Design Thinking
- Digital Media
- Education for future learners
- Eye tracking and driving
- Functional Materials
- Future Recycleable - Lightweight Vehicle Body Structure Design Optimisation
- Human Factors aspects related to Cyber Security
- Measuring the quality of public transport from a passengers perspective
- PhD Studentship: Developing novel Computational Intelligence based systems.....
- The Impact of British Media Art from the 1980’s on the Fine Art Curriculum
- The Philosophy of Automotive Design Practice
- The Place of Painting
- The user experience of environmentally friendly vehicles
- What Training for What Theatre? – The role of theatre training for the 21st C.
General funding sources
For general sources of funding that may apply for study in this department, visit the page(s) below.