MA Applied Security Strategy Scholarships
College of Social Sciences and International Studies
University of Exeter
We are offering a number of partial and full fee scholarships to recognise the launch of the new MA Applied Security Strategy led by General (Retd) Professor Sir Paul Newton KBE, Director of the University of Exeter Strategy and Security Institute.
This exciting new graduate programme is designed to develop future leaders, producing confident strategic thinkers able to drive and execute policy and strategy at the very highest level.
Focusing on strategic responses to crises, particularly violent conflict and threats to national security, the MA will enable students to experience strategy in action through crisis simulations, fieldtrips to post conflict zones and interacting with think-tanks and policy makers.
About the MA Applied Security Strategy:
• Designed to develop future leaders and decision makers
• Taught by General Sir Paul Newton KBE, leading academics and senior practitioners from the private sector, intelligence community, the military, NGOs, international organisations and across government
• Innovative teaching includes crisis management simulations with practitioners and at NATO Allied Rapid Reaction Corps HQ
• Fieldtrips to the Balkans and elsewhere in Europe to view strategic security issues first hand
• Exposure to Whitehall and participation in joint conferences with the Royal United Services Institute
• Excellent networking and peer and mentor support
• Relevant for those pursuing careers in politics, government service, the military, diplomatic and intelligence communities, NGOs, the media and private sector
Deadline: 28 February 2013
Full fee scholarships will be awarded to those candidates who demonstrate through the application and selection process for the MA Applied Security Strategy that they have the academic ability, potential talent and expertise to thrive on the programme and progress to future leadership roles. Both home and international students will be eligible for a number of Excellence Scholarships which will be given in the form of a full tuition fee waiver worth £12,500 (home/EU) and £19,000 (international).
Latest deadline: 30 June 2013
All students selected to become a member of our Innovation Scholarship Programme for the academic year 2013/2014 will receive a £5,500 scholarship in the form of a partial fee waiver. To be eligible for a scholarship you must have applied to the MA Applied Security Strategy by 30 June 2013 at the latest and received an offer of a place. Please note that places on this programme are restricted and so you are strongly advised to apply as early as possible.
- Funding applies to:
- Open to applicants from a range of countries
Contacts and how to apply
- Administrative contact and how to apply:
Full information about our Innovation and Excellence Scholarships can be found in the tuition fees and funding section of our MA Applied Security Strategy web pages www.exeter.ac.uk/strategy/ma