Raji Thannivila Rajan, MSc Medical Microbiology
Postgraduate Study at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
I graduated with a degree in BSc Biomedical Sciences with Microbiology/Molecular Biology.
I chose to study the MSc Medical Microbiology at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine as it is a world leading centre for research and postgraduate education in microbiology and global public health. This Master’s degree has educated me to further my knowledge about microorganism transmission and new areas of research such as modern treatment for microbial diseases.
Within my degree, I have enjoyed being taught by the world class leaders who are experienced within their field of study. The course was made more interesting with the laboratory level teaching, where students were exposed to a better understanding of new research techniques. The practical's gave real life scenarios of diagnostic lab settings, where an in-depth understanding of the pathogens could be understood. This degree has equipped me with the wider understanding of pathogens and advanced laboratory skills including advanced molecular techniques which is going to help me to pursue my career with Public Health England.
Items associated with this profile
- Agriculture, Nutrition and Health - Free online course
- Ana Timberlake MSc Scholarship
- Bloomsbury Colleges PhD Studentships 2017-18
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme (CSSS) for MSc Nutrition for Global Health (NGH)
- ESRC UBEL DTP 2017-18 Studentship Opportunities
- Free online course in nutrition - register now
- Health & Science FREE online courses
- Janssen Pharmaceutica Scholarship for MSc Global Mental Health
- MRC London Intercollegiate Doctoral Training Partnership 1+3 and PhD Studentships
- NIHR MSc Studentships in Medical Statistics - 2017-18 Stdentships
- Open Day - Wednesday 1st February 2017 - 1pm - 5pm
- Scholarships avaliable in MSc Public Health for Eye Care