Up to 80 Arts & Humanities PhD Studentships Available
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
King's College London
London Arts & Humanities Partnership (LAHP) has up to 80 studentships available to postgraduate students applying for a doctoral programme in arts and humanities at
• King’s College London
• School of Advanced Study (SAS)
• or University College London (UCL)
LAHP is a Doctoral Training Partnership in conjunction with UCL and SAS and is sponsored by the Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC) - http://www.lahp.ac.uk/
Subject to availability, these awards will cover:
• Tuition fees for a maximum of three years at the Home/EU rate
• Annual maintenance grant or allowance (stipend) - £16,296 for 2016/17
• LAHP has a limited number of full awards (fees and stipend) for EU students designated `fees-only’ by the AHRC
Candidates should be aware that the LAHP studentship competition is a twin-track process, and they will need to apply
a. for a place of study on their chosen PhD programme at one of the LAHP partner institutions, and
b. to LAHP for an AHRC studentship
We’re sorry but applications cannot be accepted from students liable to pay fees at the international rate.
Studentships are open to current students as well as students starting their research in 2017.
If you have already started your doctoral study, you can still apply for funding for the rest of your study as long as you still have at least 50% of your study remaining at the start of September 2017.
- Funding applies to:
- EU applicants (including UK)
Contacts and how to apply
- Administrative contact and how to apply:
You can apply for a studentship if:
• you hold a first-class or good upper second class Honours degree or equivalent and normally a master’s degree
• your research topic is within the subject areas covered by the Arts & Humanities Research Council which includes classics, history, philosophy, religious studies, music, film, theatre, writing, English, digital humanities, cultural and creative industries and politics, visit LAHP for a full list of topics - http://www.lahp.ac.uk/apply-for-a-studentship/ahrc-subject-area-definition/
We strongly recommend that students wishing to apply for a LAHP studentship should submit their applications for a place to study on their chosen PhD programme by 13 January 2017.
Applications open: 1st December 2016
Closing date: 29 January 2017
Visit LAHP for full information http://www.lahp.ac.uk/apply-for-a-studentship/
- Applications accepted from:
1 December 2016
- Application deadline:
29 January 2017