EPSRC PhD Studentships – Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Reference code: EE041
Closing date: 28 February 2017
Supervisors A wide selection of projects are available within each research area and you will be supervised by experienced academics in the relevant research area. See the PhD Research Degrees website for more details.
Sponsor: Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) Doctoral Training Partnership and the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Duration of the award: 3 years
You should have at least a 2:1 honours degree (or international equivalent) in electrical and electronic engineering or a related subject (eg materials science, nanotechnology, physics.
UK students - to be eligible for the stipend you must have settled status in the UK and be ordinarily resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the start of the studentship.
Non-UK EU students - to be eligible for the stipend you must be ordinarily resident in an EU state.
With 190 PhD students working in state of the art newly refurbished laboratories and offices the successful applicants will become part of a thriving research community. As a PhD scholar you will receive the highest standards of research training and have the opportunity to develop your technical excellence within one of our world leading research groups:
- Start month:
- Number of awards per year:
UK students – 4 studentships Non-UK EU students – 1 studentship
- Funding applies to:
- Open to applicants from a range of countries
- Funding notes:
100% of UK/EU tuition fees.
UK students – annual tax-free stipend (living allowances) of £20,000.
Non-UK/EU students - annual tax-free stipend (living allowances) of £15,000.
Contacts and how to apply
- Academic contact:
For further details, please contact: Glynn Atkinson, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, email: firstname.lastname@example.org tel: +44 (0) 191 208 6873
- Administrative contact and how to apply:
Applications must be made using the University's online postgraduate application system. To do this please ‘Create a new account’
All relevant fields should be completed, but fields marked with a red asterisk must be completed. The following information will help you us to process your application. You will need to:
- insert the programme code 8060F in the programme of study section
- select ‘PhD School of Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering (full time) - Electrical & Electronic Engineering’ as the programme of study
- insert the studentship code EE041 in the studentship/partnership reference field
- insert the project title or research area of interest in the research proposal field
- attach a covering letter and CV. The covering letter must state the title of the studentship, quote the studentship reference code EE041 and state how your interests and experience relate to the project
- attach degree transcripts** and certificates and, if English is not your first language, a copy of your English language qualifications
** You will not be able to submit your application until you have submitted your degree transcript/s
- Application deadline:
28 February 2017