Fully Funded Leeds International Doctoral Scholarships
Postgraduate Opportunities at Leeds
University of Leeds
The University of Leeds is accepting applications for our Doctoral Scholarships. There are a number of fully funded places for 2017 entry, available across all disciplines.
Successful applicants will receive payment to cover their University tuition fees up to three years, along with a maintenance grant matching the Research Council UK rate (£14,553 for 2017/18).
- Funding applies to:
- EU applicants (including UK)
- Funding notes:
To be eligible you must:
• be a UK/EU or International fee paying applicant
• have achieved at least a First Class (1) Honours degree or equivalent* at undergraduate level
• meet the English language requirements of your programme of study if English is not your first language (UK/EU applicants – prior to or at registration; international applicants – by the relevant scholarship deadline)
• not have already been awarded or be currently studying for a doctoral degree
• not already be in receipt of a doctoral scholarship
• have submitted a research degree application form and be in receipt of a student ID number
* Candidates with a lower mark in their undergraduate degree will be considered if they have or are expected to receive a Distinction in a Masters programme relevant to their field of research, or if they can demonstrate relevant alternative experience (e.g. in industry or business, or – for a practice-based PhD – in the creative arts). Please contact us for further information.
We welcome scholarship applications from all suitably-qualified candidates, but UK black and minority ethnic (BME) researchers are currently under-represented in our Postgraduate Research community, and we would therefore particularly encourage applications from UK BME candidates. All scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit.
Contacts and how to apply
- Administrative contact and how to apply:
How to apply
Apply online by the following deadlines:
• Biological Sciences, Education, Social Sciences and Law, Environment, Mathematics and Physical Sciences, Medicine and Health: Deadline 10 March 2017
• Arts, Humanities and Cultures, Business: Deadline 1 June 2017
• Engineering is offering funded projects. For criteria, deadlines, application procedure and start dates, please see Engineering website
Please note: information relating to scholarships does change from time to time. Whilst the University endeavours to keep this information as up to date as possible, it cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies.
For further information please visit www.leeds.ac.uk/doctoralscholarships