A bit about us
Queen Mary University of London is a leading university full of history and diverse culture. We were ranked 9th in the Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014), confirming our place in the very top group of research-led universities in the UK.
We are part of the internationally recognised University of London and a member of the Russell Group, which includes 24 of the UK's leading universities. In today's competitive job market a degree from a top university like us is more important than ever and is highly valued by employers.
Our postgraduate programmes
We offer more than 300 postgraduate diplomas and certificates, masters and research degrees across the humanities and social sciences, medicine and dentistry, and science and engineering.
In addition, we deliver postgraduate law, politics and international relations programmes in Paris (France) and law programmes in Piraeus (Greece) and Singapore. We also offer a number of law, medical, and politics and international relations programmes via distance learning to give you the flexibility to fit your studies around your life.
Postgraduate student life
Queen Mary is a vibrant, diverse community of people ready to build their futures. Our passionate and committed staff are here to support our students in getting the most out of their experience and preparing them for life after graduation.
Here are just some of the things you can look forward to as our postgraduate student:
• A commitment to financial support through scholarships and bursaries.
• Benefit from our new facilities and Graduate Centre, a £39m learning and teaching space exclusively for our postgraduates.
• Learn from experts in their fields such as our 55 academy and society fellows and undertake programmes that prepare you for professional life.
• Tap into our team of dedicated Careers Consultants, meet hundreds of employers on campus, network with successful alumni and secure funding for a business idea.
• Enjoy studying at one of London’s only campus-based universities, with a range of facilities all in one place.
• Be part of a community of staff and academics from over 160 countries, with links to universities across the world.
• Have fun! We are based in trendy East London, a short walk to Brick Lane restaurants and Shoreditch bars as well as being close to Westfield Stratford shopping centre and the Olympic Park with all its sport and leisure facilities.
Our scenic self-contained campus in the East End of London is the base for most of our postgraduate students, along with further campuses in the City and central London for many of our law and medical students. No other university can offer the benefits of a campus university experience in the heart of the capital city.
Want to know more?
The best way to get a feel for life as a QMUL student is to join us for one of our Postgraduate Open Evenings and Afternoons. You can explore our attractive campus, meet our tutors and students, and get a taste of what studying here will be like. If you are unable to visit us in person we also run Postgraduate Virtual Open Days, where you can speak online to current staff and students and take part in live webcasts. We also have representatives in 35 countries and staff who regularly travel around the UK, Europe and overseas.
With 92% of our postgraduates being in graduate level work or study six months after graduating, now really is the time to take your education to the next level.
For more information about Queen Mary and to apply online, please visit qmul.ac.uk/postgraduate