APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018 PhD FUNDING FAIR ARE NOW CLOSED!
Our annual Postgraduate Studentships PhD Funding Fair takes place in December in London.
The fair is your opportunity to meet and talk with representatives from some of the top UK Universities - all the Universities present at the Fair have PhD funding to offer and are looking for the best students.
The fair runs differently from other fairs you may have been to.
- Dedicated event focusing on the needs of potential PhD students
- Face-to-face opportunity to discuss your PhD plans and aspirations
- Meet high quality Universities with definite PhD funding to offer
- Chat to current PhD students about their experience of looking for and being a PhD student
- Attend talks on how to apply for a PhD and funding
University of Bath
University of Birmingham
University of Bristol
University of Edinburgh
University of Exeter
University of Glasgow
Imperial College London
University of Kent
King’s College London
London School of Economics (LSE) (Morning Session Only)
University of Manchester
University of Nottingham
University of Oxford
Queen Mary, University of London (QMUL)
University of Reading
University of Sheffield
University College London (UCL)
University of Warwick
University of York
The fair will be divided into two main subject sessions covering PhD funding:
The Morning Session:
- Arts and Humanities
- Social Sciences
The Afternoon Session:
Participating Universities in each Session have specialist staff available to talk to students attending about funding that is already available, and funding to be announced, and how to apply for a PhD.
In each session, a number of talks from participating universities will help to give students insight into how to make a successful application, and what to expect when studying a PhD. The full programme for the PhD Talks at the PhD Funding Fair will be announced nearer the time.
The PhD Student Peer to Peer Advice Room is a unique opportunity which always proves very popular. You are able to chat in person to current PhD students about their experience of looking for and doing a PhD, and their tips for success.
This year we are proud to bring the event to you in partnership with specialist education finance providers, Lendwise, a specialised education finance platform and is the alternative way to fund your PhD studies!
Read more about them on the Think Postgrad Blog.
As this is a specialist Fair, and we have limited spaces and you will need to apply to receive a personal invitation to attend the Fair.
Applying to attend the Fair
To apply to attend, you must either have, or expect to achieve:
- a 1st or a 2:1 in your undergraduate degree
- OR a Merit or Distinction in your Masters degree
- OR equivalent to either of the above from an international university
You will also need to upload a copy of one of the following:
- Your degree certificate if you have already completed your undergraduate degree or your masters
- If you're currently studying, a transcript from your University showing your marks to date to demonstrate you are likely to achieve the required standard
- If you're currently studying, we'll accept a signed letter on your University's headed paper from your course director or department administrator indicating that you are expected to achieve the required standard. Any such letter must be signed by the person the letter is from and give their full contact details.