To us, it’s about identifying tomorrow’s leaders – individuals with the potential to inspire others with their choices and actions.
So far, we’ve enabled 30 exceptional individuals – from journalists, professors, scientists and politicians in the making, to visual and creative artists. Every one has gone on to achieve great things and act as an ambassador for a connected Canada and Great Britain.
Full scholarships are available to British students applying for any year-long postgraduate course with an accredited Canadian further education provider
- The Awards are offered annually for British students or graduates wishing to pursue a postgraduate course at a university or other appropriate institution in Canada.
- The Awards, tenable for one year only, will cover airfares, fees, maintenance, accommodations and other allowances.
- Candidates applying for courses of more than one year may be required to provide assurances that they have sources of additional funding available to them that will enabled them to complete the course (These awards are not available for study at a doctoral level).
- Candidates should be United Kingdom citizens resident within the United Kingdom. They should hold, or expect to hold, a first or upper second-class Honours degree. In addition they should be able to show convincing reasons why they wish to study in Canada.
- Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate leadership and ambassadorial qualities as well as strong academic credentials.
A Panel of Trustees and the Canada Memorial Foundation Academic Committee interview the top candidates selected from the application process early in the New Year. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their knowledge of and interest in their chosen field of study and their reasons for studying in Canada.
“I am now starting a PhD at the University of Edinburgh with Professor Leigh-Brown, a world leader in the field of viral evolution. There is no doubt in my mind that this was made possible by the Canada Memorial Foundation scholarship.” Manon, Bio-informatics Evolutionary Genetics, year of scholarship 2010
For further information including the Prospectus, and an online application form see the CMF’s website at http://www.canadamemorialfoundation.org/ and http://www.canadamemorialfoundation.org/scholarship/
Email enquiries about the Scholarships should be sent to: email@example.com or for enquiries about the online application form, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org