This new engineering masters has been developed specifically for graduate engineers. Build your skills, knowledge and understanding of engineering design practice, modern design tools, and advanced engineering technologies. Advance your professional competency and readiness to tackle complex engineering challenges, whilst fulfilling the educational requirements of the Chartered Engineer Standard (CEng).
• Designed so that graduate engineers can fulfil the educational requirements of the CEng Standard.
• Advance your professional competency and work place readiness.
• Develop a rigorous understanding of engineering design methodology; modern design tactics and practice; and the theory of technical systems.
• Acquire deeper understanding of computer aided engineering techniques; the modelling and analysis of engineering systems; and verification, validation and optimisation techniques.
• Deepen your knowledge and understanding of a technological subject or aspect of professional practice that is pertinent to your own professional development needs.
• Demonstrate innovation and creativity to solve a complex engineering problem in your dissertation project.
• Exploit the broad range of engineering research and technical facilities of the University.
• Study over one year full time or two years part time.
Minimum of a lower second-class honours degree (2:2) in engineering, or other closely related discipline, with a demonstrable aptitude for design from workplace experience or study.
If you have considerable professional experience and can evidence an academic ability to undergraduate degree levels you may also be considered.
If you have overseas qualifications you can check your comparability with the UK equivalent through NARIC, who provide an advisory service.
English language requirements
If your first language is not English then evidence of English proficiency is required. The level of proficiency that is required can vary with the type of programme for which you are applying. The minimum IELTS score for acceptable English proficiency for entry is normally 6.5.
Careers with this subject
This programme will enable you to develop your career to an advanced level of design management in most industrial sectors. It will also support your progression to registration as a Chartered Engineer.