At the frontier of natural and social science where economic, ethical and political issues converge this programme helps you explore the many dimensions of sustainability and the environment. From the classroom to the field, our practical teaching provides a strong foundation for you to investigate your specific interests and gain hands-on experience. Led by renowned experts, as part of a multidisciplinary research community, you’ll develop the skills and knowledge to build a successful career.
• Work side by side with experts from across the Faculty of Science and Engineering and Plymouth Business School – which were rated as ‘internationally excellent’ in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014.
• Tailor your studies for the career you want – from environmental agencies and consultancies to local or central government and research – and take your place shaping the pioneering policy and projects of the future.
• Focus on the aspects of sustainable environmental management that you feel most strongly about, with an individual research project and accompanying dissertation.
• Benefit from our local, national and international sector connections as part of a respected and active research community that includes groups such as the Marine Institute – the first and largest of its kind in the UK – and the Centre for Sustainable Transport.
• Add value to your qualification by studying on a programme accredited by the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) – the benchmark for high-quality programmes recognised internationally by learners and employers.
• Balance your work commitments and further education with the opportunity to study part time for a masters-level qualification.
A good honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline. Candidates with experience in a relevant area are also encouraged to apply.
Applicants with overseas qualifications can check their comparability with the UK equivalent through NARIC, who provide an advisory service.
English language requirements
If your first language is not English then evidence of English proficiency is required. The level of proficiency that is required can vary with the type of programme for which you are applying. For further advice on the appropriateness of overseas qualification and proficiency in the use of English, please contact our International Office.
The minimum IELTS score for acceptable English proficiency for entry is normally 6.5.
View the full course description including details of how to apply here