Challenge thinking. Create Knowledge. Make an Impact
We are seeking excellent PhD candidates whose scholarship and innovative thinking will shape corporate, policy and social agendas and broaden our impact in the global research community.
We run a large and thriving PhD programme
Offering training across the full spectrum of business research through our six divisions:
• Accounting & Finance
• International Business
• Work & Employment Relations
UK and EU students can choose to pursue research on a full-time or part-time basis.
Details of our scholarships are available on our Funding and Scholarships webpage
What type of person are we looking for?
Successful applicants to our PhD programme will normally be expected to demonstrate the following:
• An outstanding academic background with a Bachelors degree equivalent to at least a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree (2:1) and a British Masters degree (or equivalent qualification) passed at a Distinction or Upper Merit level
• Qualifications in cognate subjects, whether in areas matching the research specialisms of our Business School or in disciplines like mathematics, psychology, sociology or modern languages
• A commitment to working towards a top level professional career
• A strong sense of priorities and the ability to manage time well
• Enthusiasm to work with leading academics to further develop advanced research skills, including quantitative and/or qualitative skills
• An expectation of publishing in top level international journals
Visit our website for details on how to apply
Each year we offer a range of funding opportunities. We are currently offering 2 Marketing Scholarships open to UK, EU and international fee rated applicants commencing full-time PhD study within the Marketing Division of Leeds University Business School commencing on 1 February 2019 - apply by Wednesday 31 October 2018.