Prize PhD Studentships plus over 100 other funded PhD places in physics in Scotland
SUPA - Scottish Universities Physics Alliance
The Scottish Universities Physics Alliance (SUPA) is offering PhD studentships for outstanding students from anywhere in the world. These prestigious and competitive awards are intended to attract excellent students to study for a PhD in Scotland. SUPA opens a single front door into Physics PhDs in Scotland. When you apply for a SUPA Prize PhD Studentship you will also be considered for all other funded places available in physics departments in Scotland.
Major themes pursued by researchers in SUPA are:
• Astronomy and Space Physics
• Condensed Matter and Materials Physics
• Particle Physics
• Physics and Life Sciences
• Nuclear and Plasma Physics
SUPA Prize Students are registered for a PhD in physics at one of the participating universities:
• Heriot Watt
• St Andrews
• University of the West of Scotland
An excellent training environment will be provided by the SUPA Graduate School, giving candidates access to a wide range of courses across Scotland. The considerable physics expertise within Scotland is made available to PhD students through:
• Video links between dedicated teaching rooms
• Computer mediated resources and tools
• Practical activities (e.g., programming labs)
• Tutorials and discussion classes
• Lectures by distinguished visitors
• Summer schools
• Collaborations with major research facilities
• Knowledge transfer opportunities
• Entrepreneurship training
All physics PhDs in Scotland are considered SUPA Graduate School students and are eligible to attend.
- Funding applies to:
- Open to applicants from a range of countries
- Funding notes:
UK and overseas students are invited to apply for SUPA studentships and more than 100 other funded PhD places in physics in Scotland for 2017.
Contacts and how to apply
- Administrative contact and how to apply:
Applications should be made using the online application form available at: http://apply.supa.ac.uk/
Instructions for completing the form are given in our Application Guide.
Applications MUST be submitted by 23:59 GMT on Tuesday 31st January 2017. References MUST be uploaded by 23:59 GMT on Tuesday 7th February 2017.
You will be informed of the result of your application by each institution. You must also apply to your chosen SUPA university to undertake a PhD and are obliged to meet the minimum requirements of that institution.
- Application deadline:
31 January 2017