The Foundation's grants to individuals provide financial assistance to young people who are ordinarily resident in Greenwich and Lewisham, are full or part-time students, aged below 25 and from low-income backgrounds.
Grants are awarded to primary or secondary school children through block grants administered on behalf of the Foundation by the relevant Attendance & Welfare Department at Greenwich and Lewisham Councils; and to students seeking financial support for courses of further education, higher education and postgraduate studies where hardship funding is available by direct application to the Foundation.
Can you apply?
The basic eligibility criteria which all individual applicants must meet are:
- Permanent resident in Greenwich or Lewisham
- Aged below 25
- A UK national or have settled status
- Household gross income of £30,000 per annum or less
What the Foundation funds
The Foundation awards grants to cover living expenses in order to allow individuals to continue their education or training. These include:-
- Daily living costs e.g. rent, food etc
- Travel costs to and from College or University
- Educational materials and equipment, books
- Childcare costs
- For under 16's - uniform/sports kit/travel to school/educational excursions
Please see here for details of how to apply to Sir William Boreman's Foundation: http://www.thedrapers.co.uk/Charities/Grant-making-trusts/Sir-William-Boremans-Foundation.aspx
Sir William Boreman’s Foundation
The Clerk to the Governors
The Drapers’ Company, Drapers’ Hall, Throgmorton Avenue, London EC2N 2DQ
tel 020 7588 5001
fax 020 7628 1988