We regularly receive funding for PhD projects from research councils (ESRC, MRC, BBSRC), charities, the EU, and private companies. Funding normally covers research costs and tuition fees, and provides a maintenance grant for living expenses. Some PhD projects already have specific funding allocated to them (eg from a grant). In other cases, supervisors do not have pre-arranged funding - these students can enter the departmental studentship competition.
- Departmental studentship competition 2018 (for September 2019 start)
- Departmental teaching studentships - covering home/EU fees and provide a stipend of about £14,500/year
- White Rose Doctoral Training Partnership ESRC studentships (+3 or 1+3, open competition) - In addition to submitting an application for departmental funding, you may be eligible to submit an application to the WRDTP ESRC scheme, specifically the Advanced Quantitative Methods award
- University funding for international applicants - further information on funding for international students is available from the International Office
Opportunities for self-funding students
- Graduate teaching positions
- College tutor positions