Emma Molesworth Trust Fund

  • All East Midlands, EnglandAll East Midlands, England


The Emma Molesworth Trust Fund is administered by us and it supports Rutland residents undertaking agricultural related courses.
Grants may be awarded for course materials and equipment, travel to college or university, accommodation, course fees, special projects in relation to such a course, e.g. field trips, work placements.

How do I know if I am eligible?
You are eligible if:
– you normally reside in the County of Rutland
– you are enrolled or planning to enrol on a course to study agriculture, horticulture, or related agricultural subjects
– students studying at University and Further Education Colleges within the European Union are eligible to apply, as are people who work in the agricultural industry who want to undertake short courses of further training
– applicants with annual unearned private income (excluding parental contributions) exceeding £5000 or capital (other than house and car) in excess of £8000 have a reduced eligibility

What is the maximum grant available?
The maximum grant for short courses is 50% of the course fee application, up to a grant payment maximum of £500.
The maximum grant for long courses, which must be considered at the Advisory Committees (held twice per year), is discretionary and in response to the total overall cost of the course application. Typically a long course application might receive up to £1,500 per annum as a contribution to a larger long course fee. The use of the grant can be towards:
– books, materials and equipment
– travel to college, university
– accommodation
– course fees
– special projects in relation to such a course. e.g.field trips, work placements


Funding applies to: Residents of Rutland

How To Apply

Applications should be made by completing one of the following forms on the website

When do I apply?
Applications can be made at any time. The Advisory Committee meets to consider special applications twice a year.

Rutland County Council (Administered by) Campus

Where is Rutland County Council (Administered by)?