MPhil/PhD in Allied Health Studies

  • West Midlands, All EnglandWest Midlands, All England


MPhil/PhD in Allied Health Studies

Research at Worcester has grown significantly in the last 10 years as the University itself has expanded. As a research student you will join a vibrant student community in our Research School and become part of our dynamic research environment. The School of Allied Health and Community has a strong mix of academics with a high degree of professional and personal experience, enabling you to get the most out of your programme.

Our staff cover a broad range of Allied Health Disciplines including Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Nutritional Therapy, Paramedics, Physicians Associates, Social Work, Mental Health Health and Social Care. There are three research centres within the School that have specific interest in supporting research programmes in 1) Mental Health and mood disorders, 2) Dementia Studies and 3) Wellbeing and Activity.

Key features

  • Available as a full-time or part-time degree. Part time students follow the same structure as full time students but complete the PhD over a maximum period of six years.
  • An excellent range of resources available to support your learning and your research project, including Ability House, McClelland Wellbeing Centre, Simulation Suites.
  • Excellent partnerships with local Trusts, Health Services and Social Care Services.
  • Ability to apply to our Research Student Support Scheme for some funding for this purpose (LINK).
  • Students are allocated a pathway appropriate to their research experience and background, with different modules available on each pathway.

For more details please see here

Entry Requirements

For MPhil

  • First or Upper Second Class Honours Degree or an approved equivalent award; OR
  • Research or professional experience which has resulted in appropriate evidence of achievement.

For PhD

  • Postgraduate Masters Degree in a discipline which is appropriate to the proposed programme of study; OR
  • First or Upper Second Class Honours Degree or equivalent award in an appropriate discipline; OR
  • Research or professional experience at postgraduate level which has resulted in published work, written reports or other appropriate evidence of achievement.


This programme is self-funded

University of Worcester Campus

Where is University of Worcester?